Loro Piana Japan is facing a unique challenge in the Japanese market today. It is in the process of renewing the brand image and becoming relevant and attractive to a new set of core target clients (age 35-45).
The Ladies Buyer, through good understanding of the market, is responsible for executing actions in Japan to increase sales, gross margin and sell-through, liaising with Global Merchandising and Product teams in accordance with the worldwide strategy. She/he is also responsible for driving the image of the brand further by buying in accordance to core target clients taste/needs.
- Purchase budget forecasting planning by season with Retail Planning Function.
- Conducts buying sessions in Milan HQ (4 times a year)
- Is responsible for the products order and in cooperation with Retail Planning Function, for the review of actual purchase according to budget by categories.
- Ensure optimum allocation/reallocation of merchandise, supported by good analysis and understanding of the stores/customers profile and local product/sales strategy.
- Develop product sales strategies, from launch plan to specific momentum building, to liquidation management, ensuring strong alignment with Sales, Communications, and VMD.
- Manage the evolution of inventory and sell through ratios to maximize sales, minimize inventory risks and improve gross margin by liaising with Inventory planner.
- Work closely with sales team, stores and other supporting functions to reinforce sales and animate sales (e.g. events, promotional activities, etc.). Visit stores on a regular basis.
- Monitor delivery status and ensure timely delivery into stores in collaboration with HQ Products Team, logistics, etc.
- Plan and conduct Product Knowledge Training to store teams every season.
- Share collection and product information with VMD, Communications
- Prepare weekly reports for the stores with analysis (sales trends, stock levels, etc.) and qualitative comments.
- Conduct market/products analysis and report to Merchandising HQ periodically. Work with product team on the development of products.
Informazioni aggiuntive per i candidati
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the same role / experience in Ladies wear is preferable
- Good project management skills including excellent multi-tasking prioritization and organization
- Relevant previous work experience in Retail
- Deep knowledge of the clothing and luxury history
- Good analytical ability and data analysis
- Strong computer skills and ability to work effectively with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Good leadership skills
- Aligned with the Brand identity, detail oriented, with strong communications skills
- Passion and high motivation for Loro Piana products and Brand
- Fluent English, both spoken and written; other languages are a plus