Purpose of the job
The HR Training & Communication Manager has the responsibility for the leadership, design and delivery of a customer focused operational learning and development service. The responsibility includes developing and maintaining quality systems and processes to ensure the delivery of the induction and mandatory training policy, the appraisal policy, the implementation and evaluation of the Learning Investment Plan, the internal school and the support on the succession plans.
Key job responsibilities and Principle Accountability
- Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers
- Lead on the development of quality systems and processes to identify, approve, plan, design, implement and evaluate all learning and development activity, including training needs analysis, training plans, effective use of training resource, accreditation processes, flexible training packages, evaluation, audit and monitoring of training/study leave activity.
- Negotiate and liase with internal experts/trainers and external training providers to design and deliver a comprehensive core in-house training programme.
- Lead, develop and evaluate a comprehensive Staff Induction programme to meet the needs of all staff, including key legal requirements, according to the requirements of Company policy.
- Lead, develop and evaluate a comprehensive Mandatory Training and Essential Learning Programme to meet the legal requirements of the Company, according to the requirements of Company policy, maintaining regular contact and liaison with competent persons delivering mandatory training.
- Lead, develop and evaluate staff appraisal, according to the requirements of Company policy, and ensure that the correct levels of appraisers are trained by designing and delivering appropriate training programmes.
- Analyse and act on information to proactively manage agreed targets, standards, training activity reports and action plans for all learning and development activity.
- Attend external meetings, representing the Company, and lead on delegated aspects of project work according to the needs of the Company, ensuring that outcomes are communicated effectively and by discussing all relevant details with all stakeholders before decisions are made.
- Lead on the production of learning and development policy, standards and guidelines, including the preparation of the annual Learning Investment Plan, taking account of current legislation and recommendations and the future direction of the Company.
Required study level for this job
Master's degree with a focus on training and development and organizational development
Appropriate programs of study including human resources, business administration, and education.
Required experience for this job
Significant work experience as a trainer, coach, or training facilitator, preferably in a large corporate environment preferably with an international scope.
Ability to work with different suppliers
Excellent communication and counselling skills.
Excellent organizational skills.
Fluent in English and French
Enthusiastic, diplomatic, active listener, hard working, flexible
Able to work independently, but also enjoys working in a team.
Focus is on a qualitative internal customer service.
Willing to travel.