Berluti, the unique male Maison of the LVMH Group was born in Paris in 1895 and has continued through four successive generations of the Berluti Family, cultivating the art of excellence and know-how in the field of shoes and developing a passion for leather and patina. In 2005, the Maison launched its collection of leather goods and, in 2011, its first ready-to-wear collection.
Since April 2018 Berluti is pleased to announce the appointment of Kris Van Assche as Creative Director.
Kris Van Assche will present his first collection during Paris Men's Fashion Week in January 2019.
For Berluti Workshop situated in Ferrara (Italy), in order to develop the "New Launches Office", we are searching for a "Leather Goods Industrialization Manager".
Reporting to the New Products Coordination Director, and in collaboration with the product development teams, the marketing department, the purchasing department, the project managers, the quality department and production departments, the LG Industrialization Manager will be responsible for:
- managing the correct industrial set up of leather goods (bags, small leather goods, belts, accessories);
- managing the quality of the products;
- managing the availability of volumes (time to volume and time to market) in compliance with the global retro planning and the agreed cost target.
Main responsabilities will be:
- Manage the team dedicated to industrial development
- To be in charge of of quality, respect of cost constraints, respect the established deadlines for each project so as to allow compliance with time to market and time to volume;
- Provide technical expertise throughout the design and manufacturing cycle of finished products: both in the development phases (in collaboration with the development team) and in the production phases in compliance with industrial validation processes (point of starting of the validation of the prototypes and pre-series);
- Create the technical sheets, formalize the stages of validation for the creation and cascade of related documents. Collect the elements that make up the product, formalize them, guarantee their correctness and spread them to the Supply Chain team;
- Create, manage, share a retroplanning, adapting to the needs established by the project leader;
- Deal with the good implementation of quality controls, laboratory tests, test au porter, manufacturing procedures and compliance with international standards regarding accessories;
- Establish control elements and points of attention to share them with the raw materials quality control department of both the finished product and the various components;
- Take charge of the creation of "Cahiers des Charges" and of the correct adjustment with the requirements of definition of the Marketing;
- Launch of the prototypes (through purchase orders and tags), following the correct implementation on time, analyzing in detail their compliance with the CDC and with the quality and organization requirements of the validation meeting;
- Attend the meetings of the Industrialization Committee and the Development Committee ensuring the correct definition of the items, the correctness and consistency of the information cascaded to the departments and taking care of the search for missing information when necessary;
- Make the masters available for incoming and outgoing quality control and follow their validation (included in the TDS);
- Be always up to date on the innovation on the market;
Education: Degree in engineering or 5 years equivalent experience
Languages: Italian, English and preferably French
Professional experience & know how: Experience required on industrial development cycles for luxury leather goods
Personal & interpersonal skills: Leadership, self-motivated, assessment skills within a horizontally-structured organization, flexibility
Travel frequency: The candidate will be required to travel, if necessary, for reasons related to monitoring development and production