Aims and general objectives
To manage the relationship with suppliers in order to develop strategies to manage the process of purchasing raw materials and semi-finished goods (components) and in order to ensure improvement in performance in terms of service, quality and workflow efficiencies by bringing corrective actions at both internal and external process level.
Activities and responsibilities
- Define purchasing strategies including through the preparation of framework agreements and following long to medium term partnerships.
- Analysis and management of critical issues concerning production capabilities, lead-time, rate of production waste (scrap rate) and minimum purchasing volumes for buyers.
- Support our Costing and Development departments in researching new suppliers, defining price lists and trade with suppliers.
- Interface with suppliers and manufacturers in term of facilitating relationships in accordance with set performance targets.
- Interface with manufacturers regarding timely intervention of possible disruption of services.
- Define and monitor kpis: service levels, performances and quality.
- Compliance auditing and planning actions on suppliers to secure the whole supply chain.
- Support office activities: information gathering, document reviews, analysis of cites or certificates and other activities.
- Degree in Management Engineering or related
- At least 5 or 6 years' experience in a similar role, preferably gained in the manufacturing industry
- Strong leadership and problem solving
- Excellent relationship skills and teamwork skills
- Time management
- Fluent in English or French
- Available for frequent travel for business to manufacturers or supplies
Informazioni aggiuntive per i candidati
Place of work: Fossò (Venice)