The Packaging Development Specialist is responsible to manage technical packaging changes supporting all departments involved (product development, production, planning) to get their targets (cost saving, new products implementation, time to market reduction, better efficiency, quality improvement, consumer complaints reduction, trasportation's optimization) and through change of packaging specification (shape, materials, suppliers).
As Key interface for Internal departments, external supplier both national and international, he is responsable to manage the priority of new Product Development dept. requests, to develop a complete technical feasibility analysis and to define and to manage timing and budget in order to guarantee an effective introduction of the new product.
In the "industrialization" of new products and new packaging technologies, she/he directly manages packaging line upgrades, KPI's definition and packaging materials.
Together with Packaging Development Manager she/he is responsible to manage the CAPEX budget, linked to the industrialization of new projects of changes in existing ones.
She/he would be ready to travel for a part of her/his working time, mainly to Lombardia and Emilia Romagna area.
- University degree - pref management and business Engeneering
- Min 2 years of experience in packaging or cosmetics companies
- Knowledge of the interrelationship of product, process and packaging, materials (for example: knowledge of technical dossier creation process or technical specification files).
- Luxury attitude, sensitiveness for the product quality
- Knowledge of vasty array of packaging materials (paper or plastic will be preferred) and formats, markets and suppliers
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Problem solving & Decision Making
- Project management
- Good level of use of MS Excel, MS Project, ERP systems (SAP)
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to work under pressure and to manage several projects at the same time
- Strong negotiation skills
- Advanced in English